If you are upgrading yourself, please ensure you take a back up of your website using Akeeba Back up and do not upgrade using the extension manager.
A full list of new features is below:
- Download system & environment information: gives users the option to download system/environment information for support purposes.
- Ability to add a user CSS file to Protostar: currently it is impossible to use a custom.css file when using the Protostar template. This update adds a check to see if the file user.css exists and loads the file to allow for user customisation.
- Added site and admin links to module user: adds switches to the mod_status module to show/hide links to the front-end and back-end of the site.
- Article counts: a set of updates that allows the visual presentation of published, unpublished and trashed articles in the Category Manager for articles, banners, contacts and newsfeeds.
- Random category blog and list order: this update answers a common user request to add a random ordering option for articles in the blog category and category list view.
- Editor Buttons added to the Toolbar: You no longer need to scroll down the page to find the “readmore” or “insert image” buttons. Editor extension buttons that used to be placed below the text area can now be found in the toolbar where they belong.
- Easily Insert Modules in Articles: allows users to easily add a module into an article with a button directly on the editor toolbar. Users don’t need to learn any syntax or remember the module details as the user interface does it for them.
- Drag and Drop Images: Adding an image is now as easy as dragging and dropping it from your computer directly into the content. This works anywhere that you are using the default TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor.