Joomla websites are far less likely to get hacked than Wordpress websites but if you do not keep your system, components and plugins up to date, you are likely to get hacked sooner or later.
The most common form of hacking is the injection of PHP files into the website. These are small scripts that can be used by the hacker to mass spam mail which likely results in your hosting company suspending your website. Another common forms of hacking are vandalism hacks where your front page has been changed or spam hacks where links to pharmaceutical companies are injected into your page
If you are unfortunate enough to get your website hacked we can take care of the clean up operation.
- Remove all files that are not supposed to be there
- Remove SQL injections from pages
- Restore your home page
- Replace Joomla's core files
- Test your site in a number of security scanners
- Liaise with you hosting company to get your site back online
- Changing database and FTP passwords
- Remove 'this site may have been hacked' from Google's listings
- Advice you how to keep your site safe and secure and/or offer you a maintenance contract so we can take care of all future security
For a quote or more information, please contact us using the form below